Dry Eye Treatment- Artificial Tears
Oasis Eye Drops
Advanced Vision Specialists is pleased to offer a unique brand of artificial tears to help ease the hassle of treating dry eyes. Dr. Bello recommends Oasis TEARS™, which are the only patented viscoadaptive, lubricating eye drops that coat, lubricate and moisten delicate ocular tissue to combat the daily battle of dry eye. These eye drops for dry eyes continue to coat the eye surface, each time the eye blinks, to help relieve the symptoms of dry eye. We believe Oasis TEARS™ has changed the way our patients feel and see because of its unique molecular combination.
We currently offer our patients three separate Oasis TEARS™Products.
Oasis TEARS™ is recommended for mild to moderate dry eye symptoms, including chronic dry eye, and contact lens wearers. Oasis TEARS™ are supplied in convenient “take with you” disposable containers (small vials) with a twist-off cap. This Oasis product is preservative free.
Oasis TEARS™ Plus
Oasis TEARS™ Plus is a thicker drop and is recommended for moderate to severe dry eye symptoms. Oasis TEARS™ Plus are also supplied in convenient “take with you” disposable containers (small vials) with a twist-off cap. This Oasis product is preservative free.
Oasis TEARS™ MULTIDOSE
Oasis TEARS™ MULTIDOSE is available in a small eye drop bottle versus the individual vials. This Oasis product, containing a very mild preservative, is available for mild sufferers requiring fewer applications or for patients who have difficulty using the individual vials.
Helpful Dry Eye Videos
Use Oasis TEARS™ to relieve symptoms of dry eyes such as:
- CVS (Computer Vision Syndrome)
- End of the day dry eyes
- Before and after cataract surgery
- Burning and itching
- Tired eyes
Common Causes of Dry Eye
- Aging: As we grow older, our tears produce a lower amount of natural oil that is needed to lubricate the eye.
- Autoimmune Disorders: Diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, multiple sclerosis, thyroid and Sjogren’s syndrome can cause inflammation in the tear-producing lacrimal gland.
- Computers: Extended focusing on a computer screen.
- Environment: Excessive heat or air conditioning, fans, dry or windy climates, smoke or dust, airplanes and smog.
- Eye Medications: Preservatives in artificial tears and anti-glaucoma drops can irritate the cells on the surface of the eye.
Additional Causes of Dry Eye
- Contact lens wear
- Eye surgery
- Lack of sleep
- Side effects of various medications
Blinking spreads a tear film over the eyes. If the tear film is inadequate, dry spots can occur, causing discomfort and can cause damage to the corneal cells on the surface of the eye. Dr. Bello will be able to detect this during your eye exam and will recommend the best treatment options for you, which may include Oasis TEARS™.
Oasis is not sold in stores. To purchase Oasis stop by our office today, or if you are a current patient of Dr. Bello’s, contact us to ship Oasis to your home for a low shipping rate.*
* We do not ship out of state and only ship to Dr. Bello’s current patients.
No Comments Yet.